Sunday, September 13, 2009

My TRI!!! ICanTri.Info (I Tri'd and will Tri Again!)

Well here we go. I'm posting these (against better judgement) because I'm very proud of my accomplishment and really just have to show the real me. I've super fat (I think the term medical professionals use for someone of my size is "morbidly obese") but part of this journal is to show my progress. I started at 292 lbs on May 14, 2009 and my race was yesterday, September 12, 2009. In 16 short weeks I've lost 40 lbs. and 12 of those weeks trained for this Triathlon. My goal was always to "just finish". I came in last place, which some might see as failure, but this was the single largest accomplishment of my life so far and I will not be sorry for finishing last. I FINISHED and am so proud of that!

The emotions were very high at the end - I cried. A fat girl - a really fat girl - finished a triathlon - ME - I FINISHED A TRIATHLON!!! I think that makes me a "Triathlete"!!! :)


I will set more goals for myself and will meet those goals as well. Please keep reading and encouraging me.


I have to post about the biggest support I've had - my sister, Katie. She has been the most inspiring and uplifting person and friend anyone could dream of. I would have given up on this dream a week prior if she and Robert (my beloved B-I-L) wouldn't have completely believed in me and told me they knew I could finish it - no matter how slow or hard it was - I could finish! I love them both dearly and will never forget their love and support of me.

Here come the pics - YIKES!

6 comments:

AED said...

I KNEW you could do it!! Way to go!

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

When mom told me about you crossing the finish line and everyone was cheering for you, I started to cry! Reading this has almost brought tears to my eyes! WAY TO GO TRACI! We are so proud of you!! You can do ANYTHING!!!!

Becca and fam said...

I cried reading this Trac. I am so proud of you! Way to go!

Unknown said...

Traci, I knew that you could do it, and with this blog I am sure that you are an inspiration to others who want to try and do not have the support that you had. You have done amazingly well with your weight loss and the training for the TRI. Congratulations, it does not matter where you finished, it is that you finished and that you set a goal and accomplished it. We are all proud of you!!!

*Ginny said...

What an inspiration to be in Akron for the tri; I'm a super-proud mama of you and Katie! Mom

Rachel said...

Traci, that's amazing...I mean really amazing. What courage you had and such strength! I am really impressed! GO YOU!!