Saturday, June 27, 2009

Running, bursitis and possible broken foot

Ok - so someone is against this race - they must know something GREAT is going to come of it...

I ran with Sarah on Tuesday - I've been doing 30/30's (or 100 meter run then 100 meter walk on and off for 2 miles)...she had me doing 1/1's (full minutes - 200 meters on/off)!!!! We had a 1.5 total run/walk. Hopefully I explained that well enough.

Well I'd been having a little bit of knee pain for a couple days prior - but after that - I've been in serious pain. I'm sure it's just bursitis and I'm just hoping by changing things up a bit and letting it heal that I'll be able to get back to it soon. I took Wed, Thur, Fri off. Tried swimming this morning - did 18 laps (1/2 mile) but with severe pain. Rested the rest of the day and am not doing too awfully bad tonight - except for the possible broken foot from falling down the last 5 steps this morning - I heard a crack! I'm able to walk - but I can bend it very well. It's between my arch and big toe on the bottom.

I WILL NOT GIVE UP - GREATNESS 'WILL' COME OUT OF THIS!

2 comments:

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!
ARE YOU OK?!?!

That doesn't sound very good!!
Is it the same foot you broke a long time ago? Did you go to the doc?

Becca and fam said...

Wow! Now that is a post. Sorry to hear about the pain and I hope the foot heals. I'm sure you don't want to hear this but it probably suits your situation...no pain, no gain. Why does it have to be that way???